Special Services Family Connections (SSFC)SSFC is a group of individuals comprised of parents and educators collaborating on behalf of students with disabilities. Activities and programs provided by SSFC include: a Fall Open House for children and families receiving special education services, speakers and workshops for parents and Family Fun Nights for families and children. SSFC also provides scholarships for families with emergency needs and for attendance at workshops. Each year one or two seniors receive scholarships and are recognized for their perseverance and commitment along with their desire to continue their education at a post-secondary institution. These programs and scholarships are funded in part from a grant from the Hugh J. Andersen Foundation.What do we do for children with special needs and their families?
- Help build positive communication between parents and educators
- Provide opportunities for parents to network together
- Help parents access resources, support, and training
- Encourage parental involvement in their child's educational program
- Develop parental skills to help parents serve as the primary advocate and work in partnership with educators
Parent Resource LibraryThese items, including books and tapes are FREE to the public. We just ask that when you check them out, you return them within 30 days. If any damage occurs, we may ask for a replacement item. To check out an item, please stop by our Student Services office located at the District Office, or contact Linda Kukacka or Kathy RogersParent Resources and LinksFamily Fun Nights/ActivitiesFamily Fun Nights are held during the school year. In the past, families participated in a variety of events like the ones listed below.
All our events are co-sponsored by the Hugh J. Andersen Grant Foundation due to a generous grant to our parent group.
- A Fall Harvest in October where all our students and families were encouraged to dress up in their best costumes, and join us for a meal and dancing and games at Hillside Elementary.
- The bowling event for high school students was well attended and fun was had by all.
- Family Games Night was held at Starr Elementary.
- The end of the year event was an Ice Cream Social at Mary Park. We had a lot of families come to enjoy the beautiful weather and ice cream sundaes.