Transportation for New Richmond students is provided by North America Central School Bus. Bus routes are designed around those students who sign up for transportation. Please contact North America Central School Bus at 715-246-3261 with any questions on transportation.
School Bus Rules
- Parents and pupils must realize that school bus transportation is a privilege - not a right.
- Be informed that misbehavior will not be tolerated. Pupils who misbehave can be suspended from school and be denied the privilege of riding on the bus.
B. Pupil/Parent Responsibilities
- Pupils will ride on assigned buses.
- Pupils will board and disembark from their assigned bus at designated stops.
- Call the bus company for temporary exceptions to the rule that students ride on assigned buses. Permission for exceptions will only be granted for emergency reasons and will be dependent on room available.
- Forward requests for permanent exceptions to the rule that students ride on assigned buses to the district director of fiscal and building operations.
- Assume responsibility for rides when permission is granted to be let off at other than the regular stop.
- Obtain and forward to the director of fiscal and building operation's office a certificate or statement from a medical doctor to substantiate all physically handicapping cases. Temporary handicap will require an annual statement and permanent handicap will require only an initial statement.
- Inform the driver, if possible, when a rider will be absent.
C. Previous To Boarding The Bus Riders Shall: (On the road and at school)
- Be at the designated school bus stop on time.
- Stay off the road while waiting for the bus. Conduct themselves in a safe manner while waiting.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to board the bus. Line up in a single file orderly manner. Not rush to get on the bus.
- Be courteous. Not take advantage of younger students in order to get a seat.
- Walk to the side of the road facing traffic to get to the bus stop if there is no sidewalk or path.
- Use the handrail and watch their step when boarding the bus.
D. While On The Bus Riders Shall:
- Not open windows more than two notches.
- Keep entire body inside the bus at all times.
- Assist in keeping the bus safe and sanitary at all times. Not eat or drink on the bus.
- Remember loud talking, laughing or unnecessary confusion diverts the driver's attention and may result in a serious accident.
- Treat bus equipment as valuable property. Damage to seats, etc., must be paid for by the offender.
- Never tamper with the bus or any of its equipment.
- Not leave books, lunches or other articles on the bus.
- Keep books, packages, coats and all other objects out of the aisles.
- Remain in the bus in case of a road emergency unless directed to do otherwise by the driver.
- Not throw anything out of the window.
- Always remain in their seats while the bus is in motion.
- Always be courteous to fellow students, the bus driver, the driver's assistant, and passersby.
- Keep absolutely quiet when approaching a railroad crossing stop.
- Obey the driver promptly.
E. After Leaving The Bus Riders Shall:
- Cross the road at least 10 feet in front of the bus, but only after checking to be sure no traffic is approaching and after receiving a signal from the driver.
- Help look after the safety and comfort of small children.
- Be alert for the pre-arranged danger signal from the driver.
F. Extra-Curricular Activity Bus Trips
- The above rules and regulations also apply to any trip under school sponsorship.
- Bus riders shall respect the wishes of chaperones appointed by school officials to accompany bus riders.
G. Rule Violations: When Rules Are Violated, The Penalties Shall Be:
- First Offense: Written report to the School (School will contact parent).
- Second Offense: One (1) day suspension from riding the bus.
- Third Offense: Three (3) day suspension from riding the bus.
- Fourth Offense: Five (5) day suspension from riding the bus.
- Fifth Offense: Suspension of all bus riding privileges including field trips for the remainder of the year (minimum of one semester).
The building principal reserves the right to take disciplinary action toward a student at his/her discretion.